I really wish people would be more transparent about money. It would save us all so much time, energy, and grief.
Telling the truth (to myself and to others) about my own financial situation was the catalyst that helped me pay off over $20K in debt, double my income, and double my savings within one year.
But I’m not the only one whose financial life has been transformed by telling the truth.
Sandra Hanna is the CEO of Smart Cookies, a company dedicated to helping women live a richer life through earning more, spending less, and ditching their debt.
Several years ago, if you’d asked Sandra if she thought she’d wind up teaching people to be smart with money everywhere from the Today show to The Oprah Winfrey Show, she would have thought you were nuts. That’s because she was living with her parents, trying to pay off her debt and save up for a house.
But then kismet intervened and a work friend of Sandra’s who looked like she had everything together confessed that she herself was in a bit of debt. The two got together with some other friends from work and started going through the Debt Diet that they’d seen featured on The Oprah Winfrey Show.
They disclosed everything to each other, from their debt to their salaries to their spending. And they supported one another in getting smart with money.
What happened next was nothing short of miraculous, but I’ll let Sandra tell that story.
I had a chance to chat with Sandra last week and she filled me in on how she went from being in debt and living with her parents to being an author, running a brag-worthy company, owning her dream home, and creating a life she loves with her husband and two adorable kids.
In this episode of Glimpse TV, Sandra also reveals:
- How women interact with money differently than men do, and how we can use this to our advantage
- The key foundational piece that, once she got into place, took everything in her life to the next level
- How full disclosure in your financial life truly serves you and those around you
- How she got on The Oprah Winfrey Show
- How to financially prepare for having a baby (really great tips in this segment!)
- How you can work with Sandra and me on a new project we’re particularly excited about
- And so much more!
Click below to tune in to our nitty-gritty, full-of-heart money conversation.
(A special thank you to Danielle LaPorte for introducing me to Sandra a few years back!)