Category Archives: Community

This was even better than being on the Today Show.

The day my book launched I was interviewed by Al Roker and Willie Geist on the Today show. It was simultaneously terrifying, exhilarating, and so much fun (especially when Willie asked me a surprise question they hadn’t prepared me for!). But the truth is I don’t watch any television, let alone the Today show, saveContinue Reading

Not sure what to do next to grow your business? Grab this online roadmap while it’s up.

There have been times in my business when I’ve sat at my desk looking like a deer in the headlights. Do I write a blog post? Do I create some new content for a course?  Do I follow up with my customers? Do I clean out my inbox? Do I book a live event? DoContinue Reading

The greatest asset you have at your disposal — for your business and for your life.

I was so sad to hear that Philip Seymour Hoffman passed away earlier this week. He’s always been one of my favorite actors. If you haven’t seen the movie Flawless, in which he plays a drag queen, be sure you do. It’s one of his lesser-known roles and it’s genius. Here’s my all-time favorite movieContinue Reading

The reason my business has tripled in the last two years.

A few days before we left on The Freedom Tour, Mike (who at the time was still a somewhat random guy I’d invited to drive across the country with me on a hunch) said to me: Let’s travel the country together for a year and then we’ll come home and get married. I thought he’dContinue Reading

What does it mean to be human? Glimpse TV with Chela Davison

You know those people who you feel like you’ve known for multiple lifetimes when you first meet them? Chela Davison is like that for me. After our first hour on the phone together I felt “gotten” in a really profound way. And when we finally met in person, we were doing partner yoga, laughing, andContinue Reading

Kris Carr: How to Tell Your Story to Build a Business and Make a Difference {Glimpse TV}

I don’t know about you, but with all the book launch hub-bub, I’ve really, really missed Glimpse TV. I’ve still been shooting episodes because I just LOVE it and I can’t stop asking people I love who are doing interesting things in the world questions! Today is a special day because I’m sharing a cozyContinue Reading

We all just want to feel good. Here’s how.

This morning the first thing I did after making some eggs was to sit down with Mike and go to Danielle LaPorte’s new website. I wanted to see what she had created. I wanted to feel what it felt like. I wanted to celebrate this new iteration. It felt like Christmas. A few years ago DanielleContinue Reading

A big old ball of thank you (for you).

(There are two beautiful videos plus some fabulous still shots of my book launch party in NYC at the bottom of this post. The love from that night oozes right off the screen when you see them and I don’t want you to miss out on that, so please be sure to scroll down.) HandwrittenContinue Reading

#MoneyLove is coming to Vancouver, Victoria, and NYC!

The rumors are true. The #moneylove train is coming to a city near you! Vancouver baby! First up, I’m honored, humbled, and giddy with excitement that my dear friend Danielle LaPorte will be hosting an evening with me in Vancouver, BC on October 22nd. (Thank you to Conscious Divas for making this possible!) We’re gonnaContinue Reading

Quitting: How to know if it’s time and how to let go when you do – Glimpse TV w/ Tanya Geisler

Nearly a year ago I interviewed the beautiful, talented, and hysterically funny Tanya Geisler at the World Domination Summit (WDS). (That’s us tasting ridiculous doughnuts — Tanya’s the one in pink.) This interview is quite unlike any other Glimpse TV episode because: we had several celebrity sightings while we were shooting I forgot my equipmentContinue Reading